Civic Way, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 7RX
Telephone: 0151 645 6936
Sorry, we're currently closed. Please call NHS 111
August 2023 Bank Holiday National Data Opt-out Living with or after a cancer diagnosis? Bank Holiday 29/05/2023 Protected Learning 18/05/2023 Bank Holiday 8th May 2023 (Prescriptions) Gambling related harms video Pregnancy is a journey video Prescriptions – Bank Holiday (1st May 2023) Prescriptions before Easter Bank Holidays
Message from NHS Cheshire and Merseyside (10/01/2023)
NHS services across Wirral are currently under a lot of pressure, with staff working incredibly hard to meet very high demand. Please help us to ensure our services are available for those who need them most. Ambulance service staff from GMB and Unison trade unions will take industrial action on Wednesday, 11 January 2023. This means reduced ambulance crews but also reduced 999 and 111 call handling staff.
Please look at the alternative options available for accessing NHS services if your condition is not urgent.
· You can find self-care advice on www.nhs.uk;
· Consider using your local pharmacy for expert help and advice for every-day conditions;
· Online services are available, where you can request repeat prescriptions via the NHS app or your practice patient online service;
· Advice is also available from NHS 111 online at 111.nhs.uk. The online service can provide the same advice and help as the phone service. You will be directed to the best service for your needs if you’re not sure what to do and a clinician call will call you back if needed.
Our staff are still working incredibly hard, and we are here for you, so please continue to come forward for the help you need.
There are a number of services available locally to help you including;
– Minor Illness Unit at Birkenhead Medical Building – 8am to 8pm 7 days a week – walk-in or telephone appointment booking;
– Acute Respiratory Hub at Birkenhead Medical Building – Appointments only – 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday – access via your own general practice who will complete your first assessment
– Minor Ailments Services at local community pharmacies
Pre-bookable, routine appointments are also available at evening and weekends thanks to the new enhanced access contract. You can access these appointments by speaking to your general practice reception team.
You can also ‘help us help you’ by ensuring you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having your autumn booster dose and your seasonal flu vaccination, if eligible.